How hard is it to create new signatures ? I would be interested in creating signatures from time to time (although time is rather scarce here, i hope that'll get better soon), but don't know the first thing about it. If it is fairly straigth-forward and does not require too much knowledge or skills, i'd be glad to help from time to time.

budtse

I don't think they're lost, but it looks to me like the signature team desparately needs some help. if you judge the submission numbers, only for about 10% of the submitted samples actual patters exist, so it shouldn't be uncommon for your sample to be somewhere in the other undetected 10% range.