Hello all,

I've tried before, and failed, mostly due to the fact that I treat email
as a real time communication mechanism, when it clearly isn't.  Currently,
the Debian packages of clamav carry a 1.5-2.0 MB diff with every release,
since I have to re-autotool the source in order to make it build on
some of the architectures Debian supports.  I would love to see this
end (mostly for the admittedly selfish reason of not having to forward
port the patch or deal with the pain of re-autotoling every release),
but also because it will make the generic upstream tarball more portable.

My past failures have mostly been that I propose a patch against
a released version that does not apply to cvs, or I propose a patch
against cvs that does not apply due to the often laggy nature of email
based communication.  So, I propose this:

I can be found in #clamav on the freenode network of irc, or #debian-devel
on oftc.  If any of the devel team are interested in updating the
autotools tree, /msg me and I will update whatever source tree is deemed
appropriate, and give a url to an approriate patch.  I am willing to do
whatever would be useful to make this issue disappear.  If you want to
do it by phone even, email me off list and we can set something up.

Thanks all,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Hmmm ... A hash-singer and a cross-eyed |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             | guy were SLEEPING on a deserted island, |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | when ...                                |