On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 03:05:08PM -0500, Dale Walsh said:
> Thomasz, back on November 13 I submitted a patch related to Darwin/
> OSX that has to be applied every time a new release becomes available
> to make the software more Darwin/OSX environment friendly.
>
> What are the chances of having the patch applied permanently thus
> alleviating the need to track down a new patch after version changes
> because the patch isn't included?
>
> As well, it was previously suggested that the patch didn't have to be
> Darwin/OSX specific and that it could be applied across the board
> without any ill-effects and I have no objections to it if this is the
> route you wish to take.

As the person (not a clamav dev team member, so my opinion is my own), I
have a couple of questions.  What are the advantages of your patch over,
say, running freshclam with Foreground in the config file?  Can you
explain why you apply the patch, and what functionality it adds?  It
would help me to appreciate what it is you're doing, at least.  As I
said, I can't speak for any of the others, but it looks to me like
duplication of existing functionality, and conditionally applied at
that, which seems an odd way to go.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Memory fault -- brain fried             |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             |                                         |