On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:28:40 +0100
"Jan ONDREJ (SAL)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 10:19:17PM +0200, Henrik Krohns wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 03:25:41PM -0200, Renato Botelho wrote:
> > > After I upgraded clamav to 0.90 on FreeBSD ports, some other programs
> > > stop building. Here are them:
> > >
> > > Is there an easy way to fix it?
> >
> > cl_loaddbdir -> cl_load and add "CL_DB_STDOPT" as new parameter.
> >
> > Why isn't it left as compatibility in 0.90? It's almost the exact same
> > call, I don't get it. Now it's pretty harsh to all the programs out there.
>
> Why it is still named libclamav.so.1, if it is not binary and also not
> source compatible?

That's a known issue and will be fixed in the next version.

> And another question: Why these aliases are good for, if compatibility with
> older version is broken?
>
> /* aliases for backward compatibility */
> #define CL_RAW          CL_SCAN_RAW
> #define CL_ARCHIVE      CL_SCAN_ARCHIVE
> #define CL_MAIL         CL_SCAN_MAIL
> #define CL_OLE2         CL_SCAN_OLE2
> #define CL_ENCRYPTED    CL_SCAN_BLOCKENCRYPTED
> #define cl_node         cl_engine
>
> Please, remove these old aliases or add some other to keep compatibility
> in source

With this one you should be able to compile some old stuff:

#define cl_perror cl_strerror

However, to take advantage of the new features old software should be updated
to use the new API.

> and binary forms.

No, this will not be possible ;-)

> If it is not possible, is there ability to add my libclamav module for
> python to clamav sources? It is hard to build proper version of this module,
> if you don't know which clamav is installed on system.
> It requires Pyrex and python-devel to build.

You should use clamav-config:

$ clamav-config --version
0.90

--
   oo    .....         Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  (\/)\.........         http://www.ClamAV.net/gpg/tkojm.gpg