Hi all,

Considering that my previous e-mails did not get any answer, concerning
the large files support patch I have begun to write, from now on I plan
to change my approach of the problem if I don't get any clear answer
from you about the support of large files in ClamAV.

I would write a program to be used before calling ClamAV, in order to
check the size of the ClamAV input files. Files larger than 2GB would be
either decompressed or unarchived (this would result in a pool of files
smaller than 2GB), either cut up (for plain files >2GB, e.g. raw or text
files).

Of course, levels of recursion would be handled.

I think this solution is less satisfactory than the first approach I
proposed, but unfortunately that is where your lack of support may lead me.

I am of course still ready to do my share of work to integrate the large
files support in trunk version of ClamAV, I just need a clear answer
from you.

Still waiting for your answer... :)

Regards,
Benoît  Mazzetti