Hello,

    Scanning memory regions:

    I was wondering if in libclamav there are some intentions to
introduce a function that scans data in memory, something similar to
cl_scanfile and cl_scandesc, but that does not have knowledge about
files. The intention is that if the file data is already loaded in the
memory, but is not on the disk, it will be simply faster to use (let me
call it) cl_scanmem(size_t datasize, void* data, char **virname,...) to
scan the data, instead of storing it to the disk. This will initially
simplify clamd/scanner.c: scanstream . Next to that I want to write an
MTA plugin. It gets the mail-data from the MTA, and so that after the
data is transferred for cheking, there is in my case a pointer to the
data in memory, but no corresponding file. I consider it will be faster,
if such data can be scanned directly in the memory with a new function,
rather than storing it first to a file, and then calling the current
cl_scan... functions.

    Automatic (API-transparent) notifications about DB updates:

    Have you considered using inotify (see
linux-source/filesystems/inotify.txt, in kernels newer than 2.6.12.6),
to abolish the need for the user to call the cl_stat... functions (in
the custom case, when include/linux/inotify.h is available)?

    Със здраве,
       Дилян