On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 11:34:19 -0500
"David F. Skoll" <d...@roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 18:15:17 +0200
> Török Edwin <ed...@clamav.net> wrote:
>
> > Works here:
>
> [... no extended info ...]
>
> That's bizarre!
>
> $ clamdscan --version
> ClamAV 0.96.5/11413/Thu Jul 22 09:24:53 2010
>
> $ /usr/local/sbin/clamd --version
> ClamAV 0.96.5/11413/Thu Jul 22 09:24:53 2010
>
> (The database is old because it's a test box that doesn't get DB
> updates.)
>
> And this is clamd.conf with all comments and blank lines removed:
>
> PidFile /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.pid
> LocalSocket /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock
> TCPSocket 3310
> MaxDirectoryRecursion 15
> User defang
> AllowSupplementaryGroups Yes
> ScanMail Yes
> ScanArchive Yes
> PhishingScanURLs no
>
> Finally, clamd dynamically-links against /usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.6
> which resolves to libclamav.so.6.1.7 -- I believe the correct one.
>
> And here's the weird thing: Right after I start clamd, I get the
> extended stats info.  If I wait for a while and retry, it stops
> giving the extended info!
>
> (Could you try your tests immediately after stopping/restarting
> clamd?)

Yes, I can reproduce the problem now (I don't know why I couldn't
before).
Looks like ExtendedDetectionInfo only controls what is written to the
logs, but clamd still sends the hash as replies (which clamdscan
filters).
Please open a bug so we fix this for 0.97. For now just filter the hash
if you don't want it.

Best regards,
--Edwin