On 2021-05-01 00:39, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) wrote:
Hi Benny,

Please describe your configuration, how you are running freshclam and
in what environment.

To my knowledge, if you are on cooldown frequently, that means you're
downloading the whole database set frequently instead of updating an
existing database set. Updating an existing database should download
small .cdiff patch files instead, which are not rate limited and will
not put you on cooldown.

daily-26155 puts me on cool down again

then freshclam try to get daily.cvd, and this is the overload for claudflare ?

maybe freshclam should not failback to download cvd ?, eg let missing cdiff be tempfails until all diff is on cloadflare ?

its currently brokken

again consider torrent protocol in freshclamd, with scales much more then cloudflare ever can

windows defender works, with end user share data to microsoft, why cant freshclamd not learn from it ?