Which is the status of spyware detection withc clamav?

I searched through viruses.db and could not find signatures for some
samples of spyware.

Previusly, I had some troubles with a sony vaio and tgcmd.exe
(=spyware). I tried to detect it running clamscan via smbmount without
result.

Is it possible to add signatures for spyware in viruses.db?
Has anyone else coped with spyware?
I see a good opportunity for improvement of clam here.

Whats you opinion?

PS. See these links for more info on spyware:

http://www.microdata.com/group/Care%20Tips%20and%20Techniques%20mtl/Spyware.htm
http://fmcpherson.weblogger.com/2002/01/06
http://www.snark.com/support.com/