Tomasz Kojm said the following on 10/06/2003 09:32 AM:

What about climb down from trees and take some more modern
protocol like rsync? ;-)

Rsync is not as popular as http ;) I don't see problem here because usually the updates are very small (the main database is updated ocasionally.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kojm

The popularity doesn't really matter on the client side, rsync is readily available for all Unices and quite easy to get for Cygwin.
The problem is that on the servers' side (main site and mirrors) you'll have to set up rsync servers instead of http servers. As a mirror admin this won't be good news for me...

RSA signature support is a great thing. Now to somehow protect our clamav installations from unwanted changes we use a script which is diffing the sorted db files (it allows a configurable max number of added and removed sigs for each update and manually apply changes after review when the update doesn't fit these rules). This is far from perfect and RSA sigs will bring more confidence in the update process.

Could you describe the cwd file more in depth Tomasz ? I'd like to be able to fetch the raw sigs in a set of files in order to :
- tell us at which point in time our clamav install got a given sig,
- be mailed for each update with the list of changes the update process we set up did.

Best regards,

--
Lionel Bouton - inet6
  o              Siege social: 51, rue de Verdun - 92158 Suresnes