On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 11:36:36 +0100, Jo Mills wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am running clamscan / ClamAV version 0.60 on an i686  Debian Woody
> 2.4.18-1-k7 system.
>
> When I run clamscan over one particular set of directories (old archive files)
> clamscan runs for a while and then produces the following output whilst
> returning error code 139.  The error is very reproducible.
>
>    Segmentation fault
>
> I see from the archives that a similar problem was reported by Scott Kveton on
> Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:34:47 -0700, but Scott's problem was with scanning e-mails
> and defunct processes - there are no defunct processes left with the error I
> have.
>
> The latest stable download still seems to be 0.60 although mention is made of a
> 0.60-4 and a 0.60-5 version in another e-mail on the subject of error 139.
>
> I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best way to proceed,

Currently there's 0.60-10 in Debian. So in case you don't want to use
fresh CVS versions nor snapshots, you can use Debian's 0.60-10 and check
whether the error still occurs.

There are good backported packages for Woody available - from
http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/BACKPORTS/
(the line for  /etc/apt/sources.list  is:
deb http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/BACKPORTS woody main

If the error is present even for quite up-to-date version, you are
encouraged to find the culprit file and report it to the developers
(zipped with a password to be sure it won't crash their mail systems).

P.S.
Jo, please type a little shorter lines.

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only