On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 at  3:39:16 +0000, Payal Rathod wrote:

> Well, I got the general idea. But I am not getting what difference will
> it make to change,
> #define ZIPOSDET 20 to say 70
>
> What does this signify? Assume I have a large log file of 100Mb and zip
> zips it to 15Mb will it be rejected because the compression ration is
> 85%?

No, it wouldn't. Because 100 MB / 15 MB ~= 6.67 compression ratio only.

BTW, in a current Clamav you needn't change that #define because there's

From: Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Clamav-users] Oversized Zip, again ...
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 23:39:52 +0100

You can now setup the limit with ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio in
clamav.conf.

 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/   | ones and zeros.
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.ClamAV.net/   A GPL virus scanner