On Monday 12 Jan 2004 5:36 am, STEPHEN_DAVID SCANLAN wrote:

> I can't get clamav-milter to create a socket correctly.

> I am particularly puzzled with the clamd errors. How can I tell if the
> Daemon is running?
> I don't see it with ps -aux

Of the two problems you mention I suspect the second is the important
issue. Two sockets are created, one by the milter framework to talk to clamav-milter,
one by clamd for clamav-milter and clamdscan to talk to it. Since clamd isn't running
you should concentrate your efforts in that area, not clamav-milter, clamav-milter
won't start unless it finds a clamd to talk to.

I suggest running clamd in the Foreground (see clamav.conf) and noting any errors
that it gives. If that doesn't give you any guidance post the errors here and we'll
see what we can do.

-Nigel Horne

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325