Hello:

Running:
  Solaris 9
  Clavav 0.65

We are having problems getting clamdscan to work.

The problem is file permissions. The file being scanned must be either other readable,
or it must belong to the clamav user or group. We do not have this problem with
clamscan.

Any thoughts on how to get clamdscan to read files that the user of the program has
permission to access, but which clamd does not have permission to access?

Also, I am not quite sure that I understand the problem... I thought that clamdscan
read the file and passed it to clamd for processing. I guess I must misunderstand
something here...

Thanks for the feedback.

Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer