On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 10:27, Spam wrote:
> I have installed ClamAV friday and have it successfully tagging
> viruses e-mail with a header, but am wondering how people have
> actually stoped the message that has a virus attached.

You want to run ClamAV at SMTP time and stop the virus before your
system accepts it and has to decide what to do with it then.  Otherwise,
you *could* have your procmail recipe just drop virus msgs on the floor,
but that's not as nice IMO.

I run Exim+Exiscan and deny immediately at SMTP time.  There are other
setups that will do the same.

> It seems to me like the easiest way would be to just not devilver any
> mail that has a header saying it has a virus.  Although this would
> work I would rather send the recipient of the letter a message saying
> that someone tried to send them a message, but it had a virus so it
> was stopped.  I am curious to know how some of you have this setup.
> Any input would be appreciated.

Ah....spam your users....good idea :)  Consider that most viruses these
days spoof the sender address and the mail is not legitimate (i.e. not
sent by a live person with actual content that the recipients want).
All you will do is confuse your users and/or annoy the hell out of them.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator