Tommy McNeely wrote:
Just curious... I have all these Outlook users who claim they need "TNEF"
files to not be blocked anymore, does clamav directly un-encode them for
scanning, or do I need to get a perl module or external executable?

Ask your Outlook users what they think the TNEF attachments do, because AFAIK, the only thing it's good for is distributing information they never intended to send.

Outlook can be configured not to bother with TNEF, though it is not by default (naturally).

Most non-Microsoft clients cannot decode TNEF, and will not bother. If they change their default format to (yuck) HTML, then they will get all the formatting they like in a generally portable manner. Winmail.dat attachments are dropped at many gateways, in any case.

Sorry, this does nothing to help you, I just felt like ranting about yet another annoyance of using proprietary crap like Outlook.