I am using clamav-0.67-1 rpm rebuilt on the server I am running it on, in conjunction with mailscanner and spamassassin. I believe I have everything configured properly, clamscan works as expected when running stand alone, and when run against mailscanner's quarantine folder, it does in fact find "exploits" and a few known virii as I had expected. However it seems that mailscanner when calling clamav thru its wrapper script doesn’t seem to want to log any of clamav's activity anywhere. What I mean is it appears that MS makes the call to the virus scanner wrapper and that calls clamscan which I can see occasionally in ps or top -- i.e.

/bin/sh /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper /usr -r --disable-summary --stdout .

/usr/bin/clamscan --unzip --unarj --unrar --tar --tgz --lha --unzip -r --disable-summary --stdout .

So I am not sure if its ms failing to see things are working and not tagging anything as virus or if its clamav not doing its job correctly. Kind of difficult to tell at his point. Does anyone have any pointers in getting these two to play nice and actually work together? I know others on the MS list have done so, but unfortunately have not been able to make suggestions that have made a positive step forward and I need to get this last piece working and all is well.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

... Says It Best.
Michael Weiner, Linux+, Linux+ SME
Senior Systems Administrator
AmericanGreetings.com
One American Road
Cleveland, OH 44144
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
IM: hUnTeRoZe
http://www.americangreetings.com
tel:
fax:
mobile:
(216) 889-5028
(216) 889-5029
(216) 965-8619
Signature powered by Plaxo Want a signature like this?
Add me to your address book...