> Worm.Bagle.H found in unzipped file. It\'s impossible
> to create signature of encrypted zip file.

This new infection method is likely to drive us nuts.  This is the
password-less workaround I've come up with and your input is appreciated.
The unix unzip output looks like so:

   $ uvscan -lv virus.zip
   Archive:  TextDocument.zip
    Length   Method    Size  Ratio   Date   Time   CRC-32    Name
   --------  ------  ------- -----   ----   ----   ------    ----
      21150  Stored    21150   0%  03-01-04 19:33  7ac0095f  hifrm.scr
   --------          -------  ---                            -------
      21150            21150   0%                            1 file

Fortunately we can get the file crc w/o actually extracting the file.
Can zip file crc's count as sigs?  A quick/crude perl hack to test for
this at the MTA seems to work pretty well:

      if (!open(UNZIP, "-|"))
      {
        exec("/usr/bin/unzip", '-lv', $file);
      }
      while (<UNZIP>)
      {
        if (/7ac0095f/)
        {
          close(UNZIP);
          print "Found the w32nsc/Bagle.H-zip virus !!!\n";
          found_virus();
        }
      }
      close(UNZIP);

Suggestions?  There are really easy ways for the virus writer to
circumvent this type of check but until they start utilizing such
strategies, is it possible to include the zip's crc into ClamAV's sigs?

Eric Wheeler
Vice President
National Security Concepts, Inc.
PO Box 3567