[I received a message saying that my previous post was not acceptable, so I will try again.]

I've seen this error both on the latest build and on the stable .67 version

System is running Solaris 8. Sendmail has been compiled to use milters and is currently running with vbs-filter.

I ran configure --enable-milter. Clamd and clamscan build OK and seem to be working ok.
However, clamav-milter did not build. When I cd into the clamav-milter subdirectory I get the errors below.

I've installed or updated gcc , gm4, and gmp. Also, following a tip from google, copied the sendmail libmilter include files over to /usr/local/include and thrown that into the link library path.
(and did a make clean and reconfigure after upgrading everything)

What to try next? Thanks for any clues

/home/betsys/packages/clamav-0.67/clamav-milter-> make clamav-milter
/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -o clamav-milter -L../libclamav -lclamav -L/usr/lib/libmilter -lmilter -lpthread -lsocket -lnsl -lresolv
gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/clamav-milter -L/home/betsys/packages/clamav-0.67/libclamav /home/betsys/packages/clamav-0.67/libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so -lz -lbz2 /usr/local/lib/libgmp.so -L/usr/lib/libmilter -lmilter -lpthread -lsocket -lnsl -lresolv -R/usr/local/lib
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
main /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.3/crt1.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/clamav-milter
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [clamav-milter] Error 1

Betsy Schwartz email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Systems Administrator,CRG voice: 617-495-5947
Harvard Graduate School of Design fax: 617-496-5866