Antony Stone wrote:

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 9:57 am, Vernon A. Fort wrote:

I have several emails which clamav detects as 'Worm.SomeFool.Gen-2', but
Sophos nor McAcfee will detect the virus. Would this be some new
varient that clamav fould. From the description, this sig was added to
detect possible future varients of the NetSky viruses.

Sound like it's working then :)

Should I submit this? or just be thankful or both?

No point submitting a virus which ClamAV already detects :) Be thankful the team did a better job than Sophos & McAfee again.

I use ClamAV in addition to commercial scanners for exactly this reason - ClamAV does detect new viruses sooner that any other commerical scanner. I was just curious if any of the virus admins wanted a look at the message file. If so, let me know how and where to send.

Vernon