> I'd like to second that.  Those of us depending on clamav to catch stuff
> can't afford to upgrade in the middle of the day for new signatures to
> work.  And why don't these new signatures work?  Has that interface not
> yet stabilized?
>
> Thanks,
>   John

Just wondering...

If signatures come out that REQUIRE a new version of code to run, wouldn't
that be a good use for the versions flags in the signature files?

Right now there are two - right? One is for like a "format" version, and the
other is for an actual version right?

Either we could use the format version to at least raise the error that the
codebase requires an update to the latest (live or CVS or version X (could
predate the actual release so people know to use CVS until then) or we could
add another field to support this function - that may be harder though.

I'm going from memory here, but I remember a while back seeing errors in my
cron email even though I'd run freshclam with --quiet - right? Plus
something ended up in the log file... either of these two things (preferably
both!) could serve to notify users that their application needs an update to
catch the latest.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

m/