> The mirror page talkes about the need for mirrors, about
> exponential growth,
> and how at least a 10mbit pipe is needed to host a mirror. It puts March
> 2004 traffic at about 120gig/month

I think I read it differently... I thought it was 120GB / month per mirror
(at that point in time there were 11 mirrors!)

QUOTE (http://www.clamav.net/doc/mirrors/clamav-mirror-howto.txt)
Without mirrors, the traffic on our main site was
100GB/month (May 2003).

On Feb 2004 the traffic on each mirror (11 in total)
reached 120GB/month.
END QUOTE

Not sure if I read it wrong, but that would put total consumption about 1320
GB - makes it more urgent doesn't it?

Unfortunately the round robin - no limits nature makes the "entry price" for
people who want to help too high for some. I wonder in the short term if
there is a way to create a lower % hit mirror which could say take 10% of
the normal average...

at 12GB / month there might be more takers

m/