If you have this configuration, I suggest you select one user/group ID and change all related files/folders to that (with the exception of the binaries which should be root/admin or root/wheel)

If you are still experiencing this problem then it would be much easier to figure what the problem is since some defaults have been established and stupid questions can be skipped.

-- Da;e

On Oct 10, 2004, at 21:47, Jari wrote:

I've changed the directory permissions to 0775, still having the same problem.

Jari

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Maidment" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ClamAV users ML" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2004 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Clamav-users] ClamAV unable to open directory

Jari wrote:
John, please take another look at my first email. The directory
permissions are 750, user/group vscan/vscan.

Jari

Try 0775. That works for me.

-- _/_/_/_/ _/ _/
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/
_/_/_/ _/ _/

Bill Maidment
Maidment Enterprises Pty Ltd

Unless you are named "Alfred E. Newman", you may read only the "odd
numbered words" (every other word beginning with the first) of the
message above. If you have violated that, then you hereby owe the sender
AU$10 for each even numbered word you have read.
Adapted from "Stupid Email Disclaimers" (see
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/)