At 12:30 11.10.2004 +1000, you wrote:
At 06:53 PM 6/10/2004, you wrote:
Hi

At 17:03 06.10.2004 +1000, you wrote:

>I start clamd by just typing "/usr/local/sbin/clamd". Is there a problem with that?

If the config file is where clamd expects it, no. I just provide it for clarity.
Does the LocalSocket exist and what are the permissions?

sorry that my replies a so intermittent, however, yes the config file is where clamd expects it to be, the local socket is in /var/run/clamav/ which is a directory owned by the clamav user/group. Sendmail is running as root so it should have no trouble getting access to the socket.

The error message hasn't come up again but in the maillog i get this:

sendmail[4282]: i9B3BBdP004282: Milter: data, reject=451 4.3.2 Please try again later

any ideas.

Cheers

Simon

Restart clamd and clamav-milter in that order.

Sasa Stupar