Jeff Ball wrote:

In file included from others.h:24,
from chmunpack.c:44:
cltypes.h:35: warning: redefinition of `int8_t'
/usr/include/sys/types.h:103: warning: `int8_t' previously declared here
cltypes.h:40: warning: redefinition of `int16_t'
/usr/include/sys/types.h:105: warning: `int16_t' previously declared here
cltypes.h:47: warning: redefinition of `int32_t'
/usr/include/sys/types.h:107: warning: `int32_t' previously declared here
chmunpack.c:72: parse error before `uint64_t'

You could try modifying cltypes.h and remove those definitions. It seems they conflict
with ones you already have from types.h.
OR,
try renaming /usr/include/sys/types.h to something else temporarily.

Rerun configure afterwards. Havent test it though.

A test account would be nice, but you should know that I'm not part of clamav devel team,
and may not be able to assist you much.
Juding from what you said earlier :
"it's a Mips processor running old linux (a redhat 5.2 like system)",
I can only say goodluck :)

I struggled for some time getting the more-recent clamav to compile on my Aurora Linux (RH-7 based)
on Sun Sparc, spent a lot of time on it, and finally found out that it takes the more recent autoconf + automake.
Yes, I know it's a completely different type of server, but the point is running old version of Linux
(or anything, for that matter) can be quite annoyying. I ended up upgrading so many parts of it
(gcc, libtool, autoconf, automake, make, and various other system tools), all from source.

Finally, after a failure in getting vlans to work correctly I ditched Aurora Linux altogeteher and turned to Gentoo.
A little hard to install, but up to date, and once installed it worked almost flawlessly
(I still had to patch sungem.c and .h, but that's a different story).

They also have MIPS distro which should run on RaQ2
http://dev.gentoo.org/~kumba/mips/docs/gentoo-mips-install.html

In the end, I guess if you still like your current OS, and it works OK for you, you should
accept the fact that SOME new tools and programs wont work.
If you want installing new software easier, then gentoo is definitely worth to try.

Who knows, you might be able to compile Clamav statically on Gentoo-MIPS
(like I did for Linux x86), package it as RPM, and use it on your other
(assuming you have another) RaQ2.

Regards,

Fajar