On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 09:51:53AM -0400, D Walsh said:
> While I am very happy with clamav, I see room for expansion and
> potential in a limited global environment.
>
> Is it possible to have clamd on other servers utilize the db files on a
> dedicated server in a local network?
>
> I think that it makes sense to have the ability to use a single
> instance of freshclamd to update the db files while different servers
> on the local network can utilize them.
>
> It may take a simple daemon to establish a port for communication
> purposes and an option in the config to set the IP and an option to
> enable/disable this feature (default is disabled)
>
> Communication can be robust yet simple in implementation, 2 digit codes
> for communication and status and a simple md5 checksum on the
> transfered db files.

I don't think the existing setup needs to be redone for this.  There is
OnUpdateExecute for freshclam, allowing you to run a local script to
rsync the new cvd files to the other machines, and there is the
DatabaseMirror directive, allowing you to point other freshclam's on the
LAN to your local mirror.
|  Stephen Gran                  | * joeyh_ runs ps and sees 10 lines of   |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             | awk code * joeyh_ recoils in horror     |