my system is not messed up, and I did not install a
3rd party package.  I clearly explained the contents
of clamnightly, which simply runs clamscan and
freshclam every night

 cat /etc/cron.daily/clamnightly
/usr/bin/freshclam --quiet -l /var/log/clam-update.log
/usr/bin/clamscan -r -i -l /share/CDM/virusscanner.log