[EMAIL PROTECTED] <> wrote:
> I have downloaded ver80 and now I'm not sure how to proceed.
> I've read the manual but I can't info on how to upgrade, is
> it best to remove the previous version or install over it.?

This came from someone on the list, I've just made a few minor changes

With ver 0.80 they changed clamav.conf to clamd.conf so either call the
old .conf direct or copy /etc/backup.clamav.conf /etc/clamd.conf

Graham

Updating ClamAv Binary

The cleanest process would be:
unpack the old distribution:
        tar -zxf clamav-0.70.tar.gz
run configure
        cd clamav-0.70
        ./configure
Unpack the new distribution:
        cd ..
        tar -zxf clamav-0.75.tar.gz
run configure:
        cd clamav-0.75
        ./configure
become root
compile it:
        make

# backup running clamav.conf
cp /etc/clamav.conf /etc/backup.clamav.conf
/etc/rc.d/init.d/exim stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/clamav stop

#check that clamav processes have stopped (if not then kill manually)
ps ax | grep clamav

uninstall the existing clamav stuff:
        cd ../clamav-0.70
        make uninstall
install the new stuff:
        cd ../clamav-0.75
        make install

# copy working clamav.conf
cp /etc/backup.clamav.conf /etc/clamav.conf

/etc/rc.d/init.d/clamav start
run freshclam
/etc/rc.d/init.d/exim start