On Wednesday 20 October 2004 19:50, Tomasz Kojm wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:40:52 +0400
>
> Dmitry Alexeyev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > What I meant was if you run similar system, you could probably
> > > use my build script, binaries, or config files if you get stuck
> > > with the default source or RPM.
> > > Since you use Linux 2.2 (on x86, I assume?) my Linux static
> > > binary should work.
> >
> > Thank you. Looks like I am kinda lost with all these databases.
> > I saved corrupt database and your static binary also told me it's
> > corrupt.
> >
> > I have checked 0.80 databases - they appeared to be okay. I totally
> > forgot that my spec put freshest database files into rpm, and that
> > was
> >
> > corrupted database.
> >
> > Perhaps it is really corrupt data from a mirror. I will now exactly
> > tomorrow, if freshclam from crontab will download corrupt database
> > again.
>
> That should not be possible. Freshclam always verifies the MD5 sum
> and the digital signature of the database.

Actually I don't know what happens, but it happens already for several
database updates. I saw such issues before and they were sporadic,
disappearing after next update.

Maybe it is interrupted cron job, network issues or anything else. I am
pretty sure nothing changes database files after update. Perhaps it is
even filesystem issue, I don't know. Fingers crossed it won't happen
tomorrow

WBR
Dmitry