On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 at 19:14:04 +0200, Jacek Politowski wrote:
> We have one client, who was trying to send some MS Word (doc) file
> from Outlook Express.
>
> Message was rejected by Exiscan with ClamAV 0.80:
> Wed Oct 27 10:56:19 2004 ->
> /var/spool/exim/scan/1CMjao-0004ts-Qg/1CMjao-0004ts-Qg.eml: Worm.SomeFool.P FOUND
> Wed Oct 27 10:56:19 2004 ->
> /var/spool/exim/scan/1CMjao-0004ts-Qg/1CMjao-0004ts-Qg-00000.doc: Worm.SomeFool.P
> FOUND
>
> I can't remember SomeFool virus infecting MS Word files.
> I thought actually it was some kind of worm, so I'm not sure if this
> file is not a false positive.
>
> Unfortunately I can't get this suspicious file from our client, so I
> only want to verify if it's possible to have MS Word file infected by
> SomeFool.P.

Even if it can't be infected "automatically", I wouldn't be surprised if
a MS Office file contained a worm. One can insert various bizarre
"objects" into Office files.
So, without examining the sample, one can't say if it contained a
malware or whether it was a false positive.

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.