Hi All

I think I am in the right forum for this. so please excuse me if I am not

I am having trouble installing clamav on a linux box (remotely hosted)

I am getting an error when I do a shell install

the error is "cpp has failed sanity checks"

Now please excuse my lack of knowledge about gcc, as this problem may be
unrelated to clamav

but I have checked, and the configure.log file says that cpp cant find
stdio.h and a few others.

these include files are in /usr/include and gcc's documentation says that it
looks there by default. so I am confused as to why its not being found

further investigation into config.log shows these lines

now I was wondering if the default search paths have been disabled
if so why and how can I re-enable them ?

other required info

gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)
host has cpanel installed (they do some weird stuff so maybe they disabled
it)

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Chris