Joe Maimon wrote:

I'm certainly *very* happy that ClamAV team have added more phishing detections (thanks Trog et all).

Yes, you're correct it's social engineering.... but it doesn't stop users clicking on the links
and downloading the keylogging trojan, from the remote site that the phish email takes them to.

I don't personally think we need a "--no-phishing" option in ClamAV but someone might ;)

I'd like to add that there are too many users that tend to click or provide information without authenticating the request is legitimate.
Paypal, Ebay, and Credit Card users are open targets.

Identity theft, and Credit Card fraud can be directly linked to phishing. In fact other anti virus companies have started detecting this as well .
Note: pccillin-HTML_CITIFRAUD.H

Censorship worries me as well, but there has to be a line drawn to protect users from themselves.
For users who for what ever reason want the message, they have the ability to login to a webmail client and view the original email.

Sending a informational email to users explaining why certain emails are blocked (for their protection) usually is good for brownie points with
the end users.

Everybody knows legitimate companies don't "usually" send emails requesting account verification as it's usually done by mail, phone, or when the user logs into their account. So blocking this can only be seen as a good thing.