On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 at  7:29:58 -0600, David Green wrote:
> I figure that this has been covered before, but I couldn't fin it in
> the archives.
>
> I have clamav installed on a Apple XServe running OS X Server 10.3.6.
> After installation, I get this message every hour:
>
>       Subject:        Cron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> /usr/local/bin/freshclam
> --quiet --daemon-notify -l /var/log/clam-update.log
>       shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot
> access parent directories: Permission denied
>
> What can I do about this?

I don't know your OS but the error tells... what it tells. Freshclam has
no access to some directory to which it needs access to. Which one -
it's not clear. It may be freshclam user home directory or temporary
directory or directory with databases or log directory... (i.e.
a parent directory of one of them). You must check ownerships of full
paths and access rights of them.

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.