On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 at 10:09:48 -0400, Samuel Benzaquen wrote:

> I think it could be nice to have like a list of "known systems". That way a
> newbie could read and choose the best for his needs.
>
> We use Sendmail 8.13.0 (since 8.12.11) + Clamav-milter + Clamd.
> No quarantine, no postmaster/sender/recipient notice, just reject messages.
> Centralized freshclam on two servers at different times (minutes 23 and 53
> respectively). OnUpdate it propagates vía sftp to the other 9 servers
> (including the other one that runs freshclam, so it doesn't have to update
> again). OnUpdate & OnError sends a message to postmaster.
>
> Viruses stopped Yesterday: Thu Dec  2
>     77550 Worm.SomeFool.Gen-1
>     76936 Worm.SomeFool.P
>     26800 Worm.Mydoom.M
>     21249 Worm.Bagle.Gen-zippwd
[...]
> ----------
>    330556
>
> You can guess our monthly stats.
> We have more than 4 million mails daily, 150 clamav-milter and 26 clamd
> threads concurrently per server on peak hour.

Thank you, Samuel, for the interesting data.

I'd like to remind ClamAV users of one of its webpage ("who's using it"):

http://www.clamav.net/whos.html#pagestart

If some of you have similarly (or less :-) ) impressive stats like
Samuel's ones, you are encouraged to let us know, so that we can list
you on that webpage. Quoting the fragment:

  "If you work for a big company and your company is not listed here,
   please send a message to luca (at) clamav (dot) net with the company
   name, the URL of its home page, a short description of its core
   business, description of servers running ClamAV, number of domain
   hosted, number of scans performed each day."

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.