We use Sendmail 8.13.0 (since 8.12.11) + Clamav-milter + Clamd.
No quarantine, no postmaster/sender/recipient notice, just reject messages.
Centralized freshclam on two servers at different times (minutes 23 and 53
respectively). OnUpdate it propagates vía sftp to the other 9 servers
(including the other one that runs freshclam, so it doesn't have to update
again). OnUpdate & OnError sends a message to postmaster.

You can guess our monthly stats.
We have more than 4 million mails daily, 150 clamav-milter and 26 clamd
threads concurrently per server on peak hour.

Damn,
That's the kind of things that makes me fell like I'm managing a coffee maker :-P

BR,
Matías.