I have read through the archives, and haven't determined a solution
for what [isn't] going on.

I am running sendmail 8.13.1, it is compiled with MILTER.  I am
running clamav-0.80 on a netbsd machine running 1.6.2.

Sendmail works fine in all other regards--it is my main LAN
mailserver, and has worked for years just fine.

I hand edited sendmail.cf [yeah, I know, sacrilege--but I've always
done it that way] to include the line:

Xclamav-milter, S=local:/var/clamav-milter/clamav-milter.sock, F=,
T=S:4m;R:4m

My clamd.conf file has the following parameters [among others]:

LocalSocket /var/clamav/clamav.sock
LogSyslog
FixStaleSocket
StreamSaveToDisk
StreamMaxLength 10M
User clamav
ScanMail
ScanArchive
ArchiveMaxFileSize 10M

I start clamd [with no problems], I start clamav-milter (clamav-
milter --max-children=2 -olb local:/var/clamav-milter/clamav-
milter.sock) [with no problems], and restart sendmail [with no
problems].

I send myself an easy email virus [one of the bagel variants] as an
attachment, and voila! clamav doesn't catch it.

I am thorougly stumped.  I'm guessing I am missing something so easy
[is the computer plugged in?] that I will no doubt have a 'head-slap'
moment when the problem is revealed to me.  Help?  Thanks.
--

Jim Smith
Manager, Technical Services