On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 at 14:45:56 -0600, Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 20:36 +0000, Nigel Horne wrote:
> > Please do not send any more messages to [EMAIL PROTECTED] covering
> >
> > 1) knowbot
> > 2) Unparsed header (1)
> >
> > Both of these have been addressed for a long time in CVS.
>
> How stable is CVS these days?  Are we approaching a 0.81?

Yes, we are.

> There was a "can only find it with CVS" virus in Daily 636:
>
> #Submission: 7454-web
> #Sender: Tamas Roth
> #Submitted virus name: Bagz
> #Submission notes: Worm.Bagz.E found using current CVS. Better email
> #detection.
> #Added: No

Additional details in case anyone cares:

that sample contained base64 attachment encoded in a quite strange way:
all 93 KB in 1 (one) line. I don't know if it's allowed in RFC at all
(I doubt it but I haven't got time to check) but it's not a common way,
definitely. That's why "stable" ClamAV can't properly decode it.
BTW, 'uudeview' segfaults on that sample. 'mimencode' decodes it
successfully.

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.