Hi!

13-Янв-2005 09:29 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Samuel Benzaquen) wrote to "ClamAV users
ML" <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>:

>>      "Closer"? How Austrialia close to Japan (where resides ftpmail robot,
>> which I use)?
SB> The term 'closer' is related to the Internet and Australia is closer to
SB> Japan than the US or something on the other side of the world.

     Isn't Japan closer to Japan?

>>  331 Password required for anonymous.
>>  ---> PASS <somestring>
>>  530 Login incorrect.
>> Also, where to find ClamAV databases? One server, which answers,
>> shows next directories (which not looks related to ClamAV):
[...]
SB> I'm just guessing that those sites happen to respond FTP request because,
SB> and just because, they share the same IP with some FTP site the admin of the
[...]
SB> The official mirrors are giving the updates thru *HTTP*. That's *HTTP*, not
SB> any other protocol.

     What bad with giving read access to bases thru ftp? Especially, this
requires neither any investment, nor change the program?

SB> You should read the mirror doc
SB> (http://www.clamav.net/doc/mirrors/clamav-mirror-howto.txt)

     I take a look at this page, when receive it.

SB> I've been reading this thread and I think you are not getting the point of
SB> this project. ClamAV is a virus 'detection' software designed to run on
SB> '*nix' for filtering 'email'.

     Me already explained, that ClamAV isn't "antidote" and not planned to
be evoluted in this way. But how access to bases relates (through different
ways) relates to host OS?

SB> There are other projects that are on top of ClamAV like ClamWin that can run
SB> it on a Windows machine. Nevertheless, it doesn't have an online access
SB> scanner which I think is the feature you are looking for.

     No, I not look for "scanner", me will be enough files and OS curing,
performed by request.