On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 at 10:05:58 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [...]
> When I invoke clamscan, I get an error that it cannot find the daily.cvd
> file. That points to a configuration problem, but the path it tried to look
> on appears to be corrupted.
>
> LibClamAV Error: cl_loaddb(): Can't open file ¸WÍ!´>Í!2íL/daily.cvd
> ERROR: Unable to open file or directory
> [...]
> When I run clamdscan and use the clamd process to do the work, I get no
> errors like thie either. I am trying to make a determination as to which
> method is more efficient. Clamscan or clamdscan,

It depends on what you use ClamAV for. Check the mailing list archive
for the details.

> I am running this on Suse SLES8, with service pack 3 installed, on IBM
> z/Series (mainframe) hardware.
>
> Clam was built from the version .80 sources on a 'clean' system, (meaning
> no previous clam AV)
>
> I also tried .80rc1 to see if that would resolve the issue but it didn't.
>
> The text '¸WÍ!´>Í!2íL' on the path in the above error looks a LOT like what
> you get when you have an EBCDIC--->ASCII translation issue, which shouldn't
> come into play here being that linux on the mainframe used ASCII coding,
> and not ebcdic. I just toss that out there because it is an observation. It
> may/may not have bearing.
>
> If this is a configuration issue, I cannot seem to locate where it would be
> set in either of the configuration files I know about (clamd.conf and
> freshclam.conf)

None of the above. clamscan doesn't use them. The problem is caused by
something at the pre-compiling stage, most likely options given to
./configure.

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.