Michiel van Es wrote:

[..]

But I do not want to use sources ..I do not want to check every package I install from source when a security exploit comes out and I have to recompile everything again.
That's why I rather choose for the rpm's from distro (easy update scheme).
Is there no way I can hold/use my own zlib version and just compile clamav?

Michiel,

I doubt you will compile clamav-0.81rc1 on your system easy, cause
RH-7.x clones come with old auto{make,conf} programs.
You must upgrade devel tools to compile clamav and modify sources
to compile with vendor patched zlib.

Petr