On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 at 13:17:40 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
> Secondly full file system scanning.
>
> [...] The second is easy enough, however,
> when I used clamdscan the file system scan consumes inordinate amount of
> CPU resources. I've tried starting clamd with a nice value of 17 and
> running clamdscan with a nice value of 18, in hopes of slowing it down so
[...]

I've got no idea whether it has any impact in your environment (a
virtual machine), but one needn't run clamd and clamdscan to just scan a
file system. In such situation it gives almost nothing because you
launch the scanner _once_, not every time for every single file (like it
happens when scanning incoming mail). So you may try to stop clamd and
run just clamscan with nice(1).

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.