On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 09:13 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Craig Daters
> >Wow, that was some time ago, and TrendNet is only just now putting out
> >an update! That's scarry!
> >
> >Thanks Trog
>
> What concerns me (if it is true that ClamAV has detected this specific
> variant since November) is that ClamAV is not performing due diligence
> and sharing samples to protect users of other products on the Internet.
>
> AV teams working together is a good thing, and I personally share all of
> my samples with over 20+ AV vendors.

Thats not what it means. Virus writers like to share code too. It just
happens that in this case, the new Bagle variants are similar enough to
a previous Trojan, that an existing signature caught them.

As for your comments regarding sample sharing, perhaps you should
address them to the WildList organisation.

We have previously offered samples to other AV vendors, in specific
cases.

-trog