On 2/17/2005 12:08 AM +0100, John Madden wrote:
Several times now, we've been burned by virii that are picked up by other
virus scanners when ClamAV doesn't yet have the signature.  Within a
couple of hours, when the bulk of the threat has already passed, Clam then
catches up.  Mydoom.M-2 was the virus of the day today.

What is being done to get signatures out more quickly, if anything?  Or
can anything be done?

Thanks,
  John

Hi,

What's a good enough time frame for you ? 1 minute ?
Seriously, everything has been said about clam/submission/samples/ect.

If you base your whole anti virus defense on 1 product, I wouldn't want to be
your end user.

Just stop mail with certain attachments (.bat/.com/.scr/.cpl/.ectect) at the
door.
This + some people with regex knowledge, if shit hits the fan, and 1-2
virusscanners
is a more effective strategy than your current one.

Niek