ClamAV 0.83 is installed, running and clamdscan can scan a diretctory successfully.

I'm trying to test clamd as described in the PDF documentation by using "clamd VERSION" or "clamd PING". In either case I get no response but a new blank line.

Clamd.log shows "ERROR: Socket file /tmp/clamd is in use by another process." once per attempt.

/tmp/clamd file is created when clamd starts, is removed when clamd stops, is owned by root, is world-writeable srwxrwxrwx and looks otherwise normal.

How can I fix this or is it a cosmetic problem I shouldn't worry about?

Thanks!

_______________________________________________ http://lurker.clamav.net/list/clamav-users.html