Nigel Horne wrote:

error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.1: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0ff8f650 for symbol `clearerr' out of range

I really don't understand this. One of my main machines is running YDL4.0 and I have never seen this. I don't use -mlongcall -DPIC -fPIC either.

-Nigel

I get this problem on the two ppc machines that I have. One is an imac and the other is a G4 tower. Both were installed from the v4 iso images downloaded from the yellowdoglinux.com mirror. After installation, I ran yum and let it update everything that it wanted. This problem did not exist in v0.80, but in v0.81+ it does. v0.80 worked with just ./configure. On both of these systems I have let yum update everything. I haven't 'manually' updated anything except ClamAV.

I read a post once about a gentleman using a newer gcc than 3.3.3 which came with YDL. I've just been using the 3.3.3. Have you installed or updated things differently than I have?

--
Morgan Smith
Dutro Company

_______________________________________________ http://lurker.clamav.net/list/clamav-users.html