On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 13:17 +0545, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> hello and
> hi!!
> i downloaded these rpm's  clamav-db-0.83-1.0.rh9.rf.i386.rpm
> clamav-milter-0.83-1.0.rh9.rf.i386.rpm
> clamav-devel-0.83-1.0.rh9.rf.i386.rpm  clamd-0.83-1.0.rh9.rf.i386.rpm
>
> i am running sendmail-8.12.8-4 on RedHat 9.0
>
> i am currently running rav antivirus.but this fails to catch virus named
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] so i have planned to install clamav.does clamav can catch
> these
> virus.

The clamav team caught the "somefool" family of viruses a day before
everyone else.  It's only the Johnny-come-latelys that call it "netsky".

> and can you people give me a good manual abt this antivirus program.

> and of course a samll hint abt what does the abov rpm's do individually..
clamav-db - contains signature files. for updates you also need the
freshclam rpm.
clamav-milter - provides a milter-style interface for connecting to
sendmail.  That's probably the program you want to run.
clamd - provides a daemon that caches all of the virus signatures and
does the real scanning work.
clamav-devel - provides libraries in case you want to compile some other
tool that uses clam libraries.

I think you are missing two rpms, and you don't need devel.

As for milter configuration, I can't help you there - I use postfix with
amavis-new and have been very happy with it.