On 4/14/2005 at 9:14 AM Nigel Horne wrote:

>On Thursday 14 Apr 2005 00:00, Carl Thompson wrote:
>
>> I looked at the document and it gives a milter rule for sendmail to
>connect to a remote clamav-milter process:
>>
>> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav', `S=inet:[EMAIL PROTECTED], F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
>>
>> and the install doc says to put
>>
>> CLAMAV_FLAGS="--server=192.168.1.9 local:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock"
>
>You also need to state --external if you're to use --server.
>
>> Carl
>
>--

Okay this is what i have for clamav-milter on remote server

CLAMAV_FLAGS="-qlm5 --external --server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
local:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock"

and I have to run clamd on that server so that clamav uses it externally to
scan for virus (if i understand this correctly)

and on my primary server i did the same thing and clamav creates local socket
and scans thru clamd on remote server.

however if i use
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav', `S=inet:[EMAIL PROTECTED], F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
(machine name chaned to correct machine of course)

I still get socket errors in maillog about attempting to scan and clamd is on
the remote socket not clamav-milter on the remote socket.

I'm sure i'm doing something simple wrong but I sure can't figure it out.

Carl