Jose Luis Hime wrote:
If I use the option "LogSyslog", then the viruses are logged into the file
/var/log/maillog correctly. Thanks for your tip, it opened my eyes to that.

The problem is that I want a specific logfile to be used, not through the
Linux syslog function. So I commented out the "LogSyslog" option, forcing
clamd to use its internal log function (logging at its clamd.log). This is
not working.

You dont want to use syslog at all or you just want it in its own file? I am using the linux syslog utility but have clamav going to its own file. Perhaps that would work for you as well?

-Jim