Bart Silverstrim wrote:

On May 4, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Nigel Horne wrote:

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 16:02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify me immediately by telephone or fax

But you haven't given your telephone and fax number, so how can you expect
anyone to do that?

I've always wondered...why do people put confidentiality notices saying "if this is not meant for you, erase it, yadda yadda..." at the END of the message, so you already know what you're not supposed to know?

I mean, they do know that these "disclaimers" haven't been tested in court, but if they were...they'd probably not hold water?

So far the disclaimers only seem to add cruft for people to resend if they top post their messages, and make the message a little harder to parse. :-)

But they do more than that...they make the higher ups feel better...actually, i think thats the only purpose they serve.

-Jim