Matt Fretwell wanted us to know:

>>   clamav-milter: (-q && !LogSyslog): warning - all interception message
>>   methods are off
>>   /var/log/clamav/clamav.log: Permission denied
>> Well, duh.  The clamd daemon has that file open, so clamav-milter can't
>> open it.  Can someone tell me how to tell the milter not to try to open
>> that file?
>> On my Gentoo boxen, it spits out the warning and then successfully
>> starts up:
> man clamav-milter:
>  -c FILE, --config-file=FILE
>      By default clamav-milter uses a default configuration file,
>      this option allows you to specify another one.
> Worthwhile reading the manpage, might one suggest.

Thank you for the sarcas^W kind words.  Can you hazard a guess as to why
that works on the Gentoo box using the same config settings?

/me raises hand

[EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]# chown clamav:clamav /var/log/clamav/clamav.log

I had discounted the earlier thread because I don't use /dev/console for
logging.  But the fix was the same.
--
Regards...              Todd
OS X: We've been fighting the "It's a mac" syndrome with upper management